An excellent opportunity has arisen at this top 20 firm for an experienced solicitor looking for a new challenge in the legal field in an in-house legal and advice role for the law firm.
The successful candidate in time will evolve in the role to encompass the following:
* A subject matter expert who has detailed knowledge of anti-money laundering, data protection and anti-bribery and corruption legislation.
* The ability to provide additional support in relation to other statutory compliance issues, such as health and safety regulations.
* Acting as the firm's Deputy MLRO and providing day to day advice about the firm's client due diligence and reporting obligations. Helping the firm's MLRO prepare reports to SOCA and, where necessary, to liaise with the firm's regulators and other external authorities.
* Acting as the firm's information officer and ensuring that the firm is compliant with data protection legislation and is handling both staff and client data appropriately.
* Ensuring that the firm is responding to anti-bribery and corruption legislation across all its offices and in the way that it deals with all its third party suppliers and contractors.
* Delivering appropriate and targeted compliance training to the firm's fee earners and business service employees (both in the UK and internationally).
* Assisting and working with the firm's Risk Manager to roll out regular communications relating to compliance and risk issues.
* Keeping up to date, by acting as the firm's "thought leader", with changing legislation.
* Representing the firm at legal sector committees or working parties as required.
* Undertaking regular reviews and audits of the firm's compliance policies, processes and procedures. The preparation of action plans after such reviews and the implementation of new projects and initiatives identified in those reviews to help improve compliance.
* Providing support to business service projects (with a particular focus on IT, HR and marketing initiatives) and ensuring that those projects are compliant with external legislation.
Applications are welcome from solicitors who have experience in a top city firm who understand the complex working of an international law firm and have a good understanding of regulatory, corporate or litigation matters and how they would relate to an in-house risk role.
This is a permanent full time role, but the firm may consider a candidate seeking a part time role.
It is Career Legal's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.
Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients.